Anh-Hoa
post Feb 4 2007, 10:18 PM
Bài viết #1

Trung tướng

Nhóm: Chỉ huy
Bài Viết: 495
Gia Nhập: 29-April 05
Thành Viên Thứ: 86

Please see the attachment. The requirements were quite difficult, and I told them that they might not be able to find this person. However, the coursework is not too dificult. I told them that if this person had any problems, I would be more than happy to help. Anyway, this is just an example of what is available out there.

Cheers,

Anh-Hoa
Tài liệu đính kèm(s)

I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.
-Albert Schweitzer-
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anh-Hoa
post Feb 4 2007, 10:21 PM
Bài viết #2

Trung tướng

Oh no, the file doesn't work well. I'll cut and paste it below.

Happy readding!

:-)

------------------------
Title of Initiative: “Expansion of ASA Membership by Educational Ambassadorships between the US and Vietnam”

Year of Implementation: 2007

Contact Person: Martha Aliaga, Director of Programs, American Statistical Association, Alexandria, Virginia, USA, Martha@amstat.org, (703) 684-1221/Extension 1872

Sponsor: Committee on International Relations in Statistics

Brief Description of the Pilot Project Initiative

In order to welcome additional new international members to the ASA and create a trust for cooperation, it has been proposed to recruit a series of Educational Ambassadors from foreign countries.

The purposes of this initiative are to increase statistical communication between the US and other nations, the spread of statistical knowledge across international borders in a permanent way, and the development of distance learning between countries. We expect this outreach effort will increase ASA membership and interest in the association in the target countries

The first Educational Ambassador was selected from Argentina, and the second from Ethiopia. This year, the Committee on International Relations has chosen Vietnam.

To begin the selection process, Dr. Martha Aliaga, Directors of Programs at the American Statistical Association and Dr. Long Ngo, assistant professor at Harvard Medical School will contact chairpersons of the statistics and mathematics departments in Vietnam and ask for their cooperation to publicize the program and to invite prospective candidates to apply.

Qualification and Selection Process

• Candidates for Educational Ambassador will be required to have the following qualifications:

o A Ph.D. in statistics, or in mathematics, physics, or economics with major concentration in statistics. Highly accomplished masters level statisticians will also be considered.
o An interest in teaching.
o To be open to study in new areas of research.

• Candidates for these positions will be recruited by postings in Amstat News, on the ASA website as well as announcements by leading universities in Vietnam.

• Candidates will also be required to submit a CV, a letter of recommendation from the chair of their statistics department at their institution of learning or from the head of the national statistics office in their country and also submit a personal statement of intent indicating why they feel they should be chosen for an Educational Ambassador. In addition, candidates will be required to submit a letter from the head of the institution where they will be teaching upon return to Vietnam indicating that they will be provided adequate teaching space.

• Candidates will be advised to send application material directly to Martha Aliaga, Director of Programs, American Statistical Association, 1429 Duke Street, Alexandria, Virginia, 22314, USA, Martha@amstat.org, (703) 684-1221/Extension 1872.

• Selection of the final candidates will be made by a committee consisting of Professor Louise Ryan, the current chair of the ASA’s Committee on International Relations in Statistics, Dr. Martha Aliaga, the ASA Director of Programs, Dr. Long Ngo, and two to-be-named distinguished statisticians from Vietnam.

Tasks Expected of the Selected Educational Ambassador

• These Educational Ambassadors will be subsidized to attend two Joint Statistical Meetings, attend a Continuing Education course in an emerging area of research, and receive one year ASA full membership.

• The Educational Ambassadors will then agree to return to their home country and within the next year, teach a class with no less than 10 people the subject matter of the CE course (called International LearnSTAT, the presentation of this course in the Educational Ambassador’s country will be financially subsidized by the ASA).

• At the JSM for the following year, the Educational Ambassador will present a two-hour invited session co-sponsored by the Committee on International Relations in Statistics under the title “International CE.” The Educational Ambassador will also be invited to appear at a major JSM reception.

• The Educational Ambassador will also be required to submit a report by December of 2007 to both the ASA and the sponsoring statistical society from her/his own country describing how the transfer of knowledge was successfully accomplished.

Relation to ASA strategic plan for 2007
This proposal is consistent with the recently declared initiative of the ASA President: "Foster an infrastructure that strongly links the statistical sciences industrial and research laboratory communities with the academic sector and our national and international institutes".

I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.
-Albert Schweitzer-

+Quote Post
thanhlong
post Feb 5 2007, 02:17 PM
Bài viết #3

vạn vật là vô thường

Bài Viết: 1.322
Gia Nhập: 11-March 05
Đến Từ: Huế
Thành Viên Thứ: 16

Goog news Anh Hoa,

Keep informing these, we may find one of these vital for our jobs-to-come

Ai cũng có một ngày hôm qua...

+Quote Post
TRUONGVANTUY2004
post Feb 10 2007, 05:51 PM
Bài viết #4

Trung tướng

Bài Viết: 466
Gia Nhập: 23-March 05
Thành Viên Thứ: 61

Hi Anh hoa.
Share value.

XIN HÁT VỀ BẠN BÈ TÔI
NHỮNG NGƯỜI SỐNG VÌ MỌI NGƯỜI

+Quote Post
nobita
post Feb 15 2007, 10:37 PM
Bài viết #5

Đại tướng

Bài Viết: 615
Gia Nhập: 14-March 05
Đến Từ: Quảng Trị & Brisbane, QLD
Thành Viên Thứ: 39

Hi Hoa,

Appreciate alot for sharing this. It is a promising and demanding program. However, we shall only help by passing this info to anyone we know they are eligible since it is required high qualification from the candidate. No one in Anhk19 has the PH.D right now. Keep it going on and Thank you, Hoa.

New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New ! New !

+Quote Post
thanhlong
post Feb 17 2007, 07:02 PM
Bài viết #6

vạn vật là vô thường

Ph D có phải là Phở Dê không hỉ? Nếu rứa thì Long có ăn rồi

+Quote Post
thanhlong
post Feb 17 2007, 07:02 PM
Bài viết #7

vạn vật là vô thường

Ph D có phải là Phở Dê không hỉ? Nếu rứa thì Long có ăn rồi

Hề hề, cho vui 1 tí

+Quote Post
Anh-Hoa
post Feb 18 2007, 11:51 AM
Bài viết #8

Trung tướng

Yeah, i don't think they could find a Ph.D for the position. They actually considered Masters as well. I didn't really follow-up with this. But my brother Dr. Ngo was one of the committee members. I'll ask to see if they have found anyone. But what I wanted to show was that opportunities were out there if we looked for them.

Long oi, Son often makes fun of me by saying Ph.D = pizza hut delivery.
And I called him M.D = milk delivery smile.gif

-Albert Schweitzer-

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1 Người đang đọc chủ đề này (1 Khách và 0 Người Ẩn Danh)
0 Thành Viên:

.::Phiên bản rút gọn::. Thời gian bây giờ là: 8th May 2024 - 09:10 AMSpring Style